The Star Team recognizes how lucky we are to live in this amazing country. Not only is this a time to reflect on our great nation, we plan on celebrating with our friends and family. Vero Beach is a really fun place on the 4th. Here are some of the notable events taking place in and around our community.
- Vero Beach Fun and Fireworks. Join us at Riverside Park for fun activities for the kids, delicious fair food, and a spectacular firework display over the river. The fireworks begin at dusk.
- Sebastian Fourth of July Parade. Led by the Sebastian Lions Club, the parade begins at 8:30 am and is a great way to start your Independence Day!
- Vero Beach Book Center Bubble Wrap Explosion. Kids will hear and read stories and sing songs and create arts and crafts. All the fun leads up to the awesome Bubble Wrap Explosion where the kids can jump up and down on bubble wrap! It would be impossible not to have a good time here. Festivities begin at 11am at the Book Center, 392 21st St.
- Freedom Run 5k. Do you want to show your patriotism and work on your fitness at the same time? Then the 5k Freedom Run is right up your alley. The race begins bright and early at 7am. Sign up here: http://www.runnersdepotvb.com/
- Independence Day Classic. Baseball, one of the three classic symbols of Americana, is not left out of the celebrations. This tournament has been going on all weekend and will wrap up around 9pm on the Fourth. Come grab a hotdog and a cold drink and enjoy the National Pastime at Historic Dodgertown.
- Booms and Brews. The Pareidolia Brewing Company hosts this event at its location at 482 US Hwy 1 in Sebastian. Hot dogs, cold beer, and a great view of the fireworks. Sign us up!
This list is by no means exhaustive but trying to do them all would definitely be exhausting! However you decide to celebrate Independence Day, The Star Team wishes you a happy Fourth of July, good fun, and good health!
The Star Team